Half Day KL Tour // Part One

5:50 AM


So last Saturday I decided to head down KL to visit places that I’ve never been to, to feel how it’s like to be a tourist in my own country. I really wanted to visit Dataran Merdeka since the only time I’m there is when I’m in the car passing by, never really experienced walking around that area. Did some last minute research on Friday night on which food to try out and I had quite a few places on my list!

I was pretty excited to try out the food on my list so I got up at 7am on Saturday and headed down KL with MH. We initially wanted to take a train down but I figured it was too troublesome and a waste of time. We parked around bukit bintang and headed to our first stop- Imbi Morning Market!

We reached there around 745am and easily found a table right in front of the famous Hainan tea stall. All the tables were already almost taken up, I’m so glad we reached before 8am!



A slice of toast has been eaten before i could take any photo!

1.   1. Ah Weng Koh Hainan Tea
We ordered two Teh Ais, a set of toast and a set of half boiled eggs. The tea was really good, not too sweet and not diluted. Toasts had a generous spread of kaya which I really enjoy! They  served the eggs in a metal and you had to wait 5 minutes before cracking it open!
Price RM7-8. 


2. Chee Cheong Fun           

I omitted the sesame seeds cause I can’t eat them, so sorry if it doesn’t look too appetizing in the picture!!  The highlight was really the sauce which I rarely enjoy because I don’t fancy the sweet sauce that most chee cheong fun stalls serve. Do try it out because their sauce really tastes good!I took 5 ingredients and 1 roll which in total cost Rm8.70


3. Hainanese Asam Laksa
I ordered this thinking it would taste different but it’s the same as most asam laksa. I really enjoyed my laksa as the soup was not diluted, spicy enough and quite a decent serving of fish in it!
Price RM6.



4. Ginger Wine Noodles
I’m sad to say this was quite a let down for me as I really like my soup to have a stronger wine and ginger taste to it. It was diluted and wasn’t really memorable to me. They did put in 5 pieces of prawns which was more than usual.
Price RM8.


5. Egg Tarts!
Two original one green tea and one charcoal flavor, Honestly, the flavored ones tasted the same to me so there isn't much to shout about. Are the egg tart tasty? Yes! They taste similarly to the ones i like in Subang - Tong Kee egg tarts. If you reach the market early, i suggest one of you to line up for this while the others find a seat and order food. It may take awhile to reach your turn even if you're the first ten customers.


There were so much more other food like pork intestine porridge, nasi lemak, wan tan mee, curry laksa, char kuey teow, fishhead noodle, loh mee, fish paste noodles and quite a few more!





We were SO FULL when we finished our food, i think we over ordered for two people so do go with a group of friends you wanna try out all the other food & snacks they have over there! I hope to head back and try out some of the snacks they have, maybe someday!

As much as i enjoy having breakfast in cafes and mamaks in Malaysia, one thing i enjoy especially when i'm in other countries is to visit their markets because That's where you get the best local food!
If you haven't been to Imbi market, you Should at least visit it once or bring an international friend there to try it out when they visit KL :)

After eating, we headed of to Dataran Merdeka which i will continue in Part Two. Stay tuned!

Imbi Morning Market
Opening Hours: 630 am- 12 or 1pm
Tuesday - Sunday




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CarmenYoungMakeup