Dim Sum // Fook Mun Restaurant, Subang Jaya

8:28 PM




The easiest way to lure me out of bed during weekends is by telling me that we’re going for dim sum breakfast.
Trust me, it works EVERYTIME.


My attraction to Siew Mai (pork dumpling) is exactly how Cookie Monster is to cookies.
The sensation when you munch it down without breathing and the succulent minced pork just melts in your mouth with the itsy bitsy crunchy veggies, with a slight taste of sweet sauce.


Back to our topic today, I’m really thrilled  to discover this new gem in town as I often have to travel to Puchong to get my craving fix. Fook Mun is rather new in Subang Jaya, serving Hong Kong Dim Sum by day and steamboat by night.


It was my first time here and I enjoyed it! Everything was fresh and nicely flavoured unlike some other places where they served borax (硼砂) treated prawns and tad lots of MSG. I really appreciate  their effort in crafting different body for each Dim Sum, making sure each had its own unique flavour.


I would highly recommend their XO sauce  fried radish cake and lotus leaf glutinous rice.
It was really rare to see this offer in the menu as it takes up more effort and harder to master. The glutinous rice was moist and cooked thoroughly and the fragrance from the lotus leaf made it more mouth watering. It was so good that I forget to take a photo of it while I was digging in.


On the other hand, XO sauce fried radish cake that was filled with chinese cured sausages was satisfying as it served in thick cubes.

Oops, ate some before the photo. (RM5.80)

Liwan boat porridge caught me by surprise. I was never a fan of dim sum place’s porridge as  it seems like a game of hide and seek for me to find the ingredients in the porridge but this prove me wrong.The texture was smooth and had a handful of sliced squid, fried fish stomach,peanuts and shredded chicken.



Liwan Boat Porridge- RM 4.80

Fried cream buns were decent with its mild sweetness eggy cream oozing out and was light and fluffy. The best thing is it was not swimming in a pool of oil.



Fried cream buns - RM 4.80
FuChuk roll was decent as well, having it soaked in a light soy sauce based gravy.



At last, dim sum breakfast is never complete without Siew Mai !! I'm BIAS towards it, so obviously it is good.



Each dim sum is priced at RM4.80 while Fook Mun’s speciality is at RM 5.80.
Those that were crossed out were not available on that day.





The bill came in to RM 44 for two of us. Ordered 9 items- 1 porridge,1 rice,1 speciality and 6 dim sum.
Fook Mun only steam the dim sum once you order it, so you might need a little patience ;)


Fook Mun Restaurant
No.11, JLN ss18/1B,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.


Contact number: 03-5612 3337

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Congrats on the new blog! Where exactly in ss18 is this? Hard to find a lau sa pau without a split sauce inside nowadays..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aaron. Is at the same row with the Organic Freshmart and Xfrens Restaurant.
      What I had was cream bun as Lau sar Pau is not available on that day but I think is pretty good as well ;)

      Delete
  2. Go there only when the other dim sum shops are closed; or only when you have limited budget to spend on dim sum!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CarmenYoungMakeup