Holiday Favourites!

5:08 AM



December has been a month of holidays, parties and celebration towards this new year!
So sorry to have neglected this blog for a bit due to finals and a pretty busy few months!!
Moving on, I'd like to share with you all some of my favourite products during the holiday season!

1. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
I've never purchased any SK-II products because of its price and also because of certain negative reviews about it once you stop using it.
This bottle is a door gift from one of their events that I attended and I figured since I didn't need to pay for it, there should be no harm in trying it just for a month or so right?


For the first few weeks, I apply it every 2-3 days to make sure my skin doesn't rely on it too much and the results have been pretty good. I noticed a slight glow on my skin despite the lack of sleep that I had during those weeks. Even when I've stopped using it for a few weeks, my skin doesn't get worse.  Ever since then, I've continued using this product every few days and I'm quite satisfied with it! One thing that I'm not so fond of is just the scent of it. But overall, this essence is very lightweight and is quickly absorbed into my skin, approximately 3 drops is enough for the entire face.

2. Etude House -Look at my Eyes Jewel Eyeshadow Pigment
I LOVE eye looks that have shimmer on them but so far most of my shimmer eye shadows do not suit my eye type as shimmer does not look too good on puffy Asian eyes.
However, I stumbled upon this product while I was shopping and I bought it immediately after doing some swatches in the shop!
If you have hooded eyes and tanned skin tone like mine, I'd recommend these two shades as it will not look too light or weird on your eyelids.

BE104- This tone is really bright with silver multicoloured shimmer, somehow reminds me of Christmas! This looks really good especially if you apply on the inner corner of your eyes which can really brighten up your eye look.
BR410- This tone is more towards a warm golden pigment shimmer and its really suitable for tanned skin and even for those of you with puffy eyelids who are looking for something shimmery for your eyes!

I've not regretted buying this product and I really love how it looks on my eyelids especially during this holiday season. Since its not exactly powder based, it will last the whole day!


Some Lip Products!

1. Claire Organics Lip Balm
I received this lip balm as a gift during Christmas and the first time I tried it, I fell in love with it immediately! My lips were so chapped previously and after applying this, it was so much more better. If you guys are into homemade organic products, do check out their Facebook page!

2. Kiko Smart Lipstick -Shade 914 Amaranth
If you are ever in the UK, Buy This Brand!! Their products are super affordable without compromising too much on the quality. I have three shades and this is the shade I've been using during the holidays. Will do a swatch review on the other two shades soon!

3. Maybelline Bold Matte - Shade Mat6
One thing I like about their matte lipstick is that it does not make my lips dry despite having a matte effect. This product is really smooth and moisturizing so if you girls are looking for a more affordable and moisturizing product, go for this!

Here's to the start of this new year!

xx
Carmen!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CarmenYoungMakeup