Fat Olive// Dataran Prima

7:19 AM

I'm sure many of you guys check out Eat Drink KL for the latest dining places, I do too. 

Check out some of the latest review and decided to try out Fat Olive as they arwithin this week only).

The interior was pleasant with its furnishing and lighting.


What they are offering now!
Seems like a good deal right? 
Is a little blur but I hope is readable.

Four of us opted for three sets (B,C & E) for sharing.



Long Black.


Fun facts: Difference between Americano and Long Black coffee is the crema!
A long black is made by pouring a double-shot of espresso over hot water while Americano, is made by adding hot water to the espresso shot; but a long black retains the crema and is less voluminous, therefore more strongly flavoured. (Source from Wikipedia)


Each set we ordered came with a green pea soup, a slice of bread and a Caesar salad.




I like the whole combination. 
The green pea soup was cooked well, creamy but not too thick.
Caesar salad was tossed well and bread was chewy and fragrant with the chops of walnut.


I was very satisfied with the starters and can't wait for the main course.
First up was the pan-fried Australian Beef Medallions with Mash Potatoes, Sauteed Mushroom & Red Wine Sauce.


There was no sign of sauteed mushroom but sauteed vegetables instead. I don't mind the substitution but would prefer if they gave us a head up while we were ordering.

The beef was tender and the veggies still have the crunch. No complain for the price.


Next  was Pan-fried Norwegian Fresh Salmon with Green Pea Risotto & Butter Soya Sauce.




For me, the salmon tasted rather bland despite the description stated with butter soya sauce.

The risotto was okay. I was expecting the risotto to be slightly creamy and have more spices added to it but it was just the taste of tomato puree. Personally, I thought it would taste better if if the risotto was relax before serve. I don't really know how to put this in words but I can still sense the aftertaste of water while I was eating the risotto.


Buttered Soft Shell Crab on Risotto with Crab Meat, Fish Roe, Green Onion & Parmesan Cheese was served next. 

Sounded really fancy right?




The risotto was a replica with the previous pan-fried salmon risotto. I was expecting different omph from these two risotto but was disappointing. It was just a a level up risotto with fish roe add on.
The soft shell crab is good but crab meat and parmesan cheese as stated weren't in existence. 

My risotto looked rather sad as compared to the one that was posted up in Eat Drink KL.
Don't know if is angle problem but the portion looked very different and there's cheese when he ordered it.

Where is my cheese?


Moving on.

They served spanish rice pudding as dessert! 
It was creamy and sweet but I couldn't enjoyed it fully as I'm stuffed.
Too much rice for me in a meal. 


All in all, it was a pleasant experience to dine here. 
Do check them out :D
















Fat Olive Food Garage
B-G-17, Menara Prima, Jalan PJU 1/39, Dataran Prima, Petaling Jaya. Tel: 03-7887-5068

If you wanna check out Eat Drink KL's post on Fat Olive, click here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CarmenYoungMakeup