Char Siew Yoong // Cheras

7:10 PM


The way to a man's heart is through his stomach and in this case, is some glorious cuts of Char Siew (BBQ pork) and Siew Yuk( roasted pork belly)! *cues choir singing*

Treating a man with delicious pork cuisine can never go worng. ( At least in my case)
I was really happy when I found out about this place cause they serve their Char Siew as how I like it.


Char Siew Yoong relocated from Jalan Peel to Jalan Pudu Ulu due to the construction of MRT at their previous location.
That explained why the sign wrote Peel Road in bracket.

Once you entered the shop, you will see these babies welcoming you.


The Char Siew was so SHINY and tempting.
And the fats that was dripping from the end of the Char Siew made them so sexy  so mouth- watering.

Char Siew Yoong is an air-conditioned restaurant so you don't have to worry about the sweat streaming down you forehead .

I'm a huge fan for braised chicken feet and I would say this is one of the best in town.

Braised chicken feet - RM4 if I'm not mistaken.
The braised sauce really gives the chicken feet the most flavour with tenderest texture.
I like how it is a little gooey and fatty, the sauce was a little sticky with the collagen infused by the chicken feet.


I ordered a Char Siew Rice and I enjoyed it a lot.
Char Siew with Rice- RM 7.50

You can request  on how you like your Char Siew (lean, sightly fatty,fatty) and I opted for the slightly fatty version.
The Char Siew was lightly charred, supple but didn't lost its texture.
It didn't melt in you mouth instantly but was juicy once you munched into it.
They didn't spammed the sweet sauce all over the it so you can still taste the succulent pork.



Char Siew+Siew Yoke and Rice= RM 8.50

RJ opted for a mix of Char Siew and Siew Yoke and it was equally satisfying.
The skin of the Siew Yoke was crispy while the fats and meat did a great job by keeping the balance.
I like how both the Char Siew and Siew Yoke still has its porky taste and were not overpowered by the seasoning.


For Char Siew, enough is never enough. 



We decided to order another round of Char Siew but RJ changed his mind after seeing this.
Well, I can always come back next time for more Char Siew.

Braised Pork Trotter - RM16

Somehow the smell of the braised pork trotter intrigued him into ordering this.
Save that "eww, how do u eat that fatty pork?" for later.

I was impressed by how effortlessly the meat break apart when you eat it. The pork trotter went very well with rice and  the sauce wasn't greasy.
I like how the lean meat is moist and how the fatty part and skin were cooked thoroughly that it melts in you mouth.



I'm really delighted for the pricing as well. RM 16 for this much serving of pork trotter? Worthy ain't?

RJ finished it so fast before you can save " Fatty Pork".
Without surprise, both of us finished our meal under 30 minutes including the time they took to serve us. No wonder the table beside  was staring at us.

Parking might be a problem as there's no parking lots along the roadside and the nearest parking space charged RM 5 per entry.
I'm not sure if they still closed on Thursday as my visit was on that day itself.
Service might be a little slow as there's a lot of customers streaming in during lunch hours.

I'll definitely come back for more! Even if it means that i have to pay for toll.



Restoran Char Siew Yoong

No. 23, Jalan Pudu Ulu, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur. 
 Open: 10am to 5pm. .

Tel: 012-2137163

















You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Yums yums! This porky restaurant serve really good pork! Can't wait to visit again!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CarmenYoungMakeup