Laguna Restaurant// Masjid Jamek

11:16 PM


I have never tried any Philippine cuisine until my colleague brought Adobo Chicken (soy- sauce chicken),yam dessert and sour fish soup to work and let me try when I was on my part-time job.

I hardly come across any Philippine restaurant around my area and was eager to try out once I found out about Laguna - situated nearby Masjid Jamek as RJ and I were both at KLCC area at that time.  After reading some reviews, we went off and search for this place as there were a few dishes that caught my eyes.

We commuted by LRT ( Kelana Jaya line) and stopped by at Masjid Jamek station. It was just a 10 minutes walking distance from the station. We reached the place around 6+ and was greeted with classic Philippine music.

There was this uncle that sang very well! 
Laguna was featured in numerous papers and magazine.
Each table has different drawing.

The service was fast and friendly and we went along with their recommendation as we couldn't figure out half of the menu. I only recognize pork sisig and adobo chicken from the menu .( memper-siasui-kan).

The first dish that came over was Pinakbet.
Pinakbet - RM 14
Pinakbet is a Philippine style of stir fry vegetable with shrimp paste (cincalok). It was unlike tha one we usually have, as this has more gravy to it and mild in taste. The shrimp paste didn't overpower the sweetness of the vegetables and I really enjoyed the combination of okra, bittergourd, french beans, carrot, pumpkin and chicken bites. I like how well the mixture of the pumpkin and bittergourd went in this dish.

Kaldereta Chicken was served next.
Kaldereta Chicken RM 16 - regular
Kaldereta chicken was surprisingly light judging from the sauce that was a mix of butter and tomato sauce. It went very well with rice and I like how chunky the bell pepper was. It was the kind of comfort food I was looking for after a long day and I could easily walloped the whole dish by myself.

Pork sisig was another highlight and it was RJ's favourite with him finishing 3/4 of the whole portion.
Pork Sisig RM12
Porl sisig usually consists of pork ears and jowl, boiled, chopped then marinated in a spicy broth-soy-vinegar sauce. It might sounds gross for some of you but it was GOOD! 

We were required to stir in the egg once served. The egg added in extra flavour and made the texture of pork sisig extra smooth. It was a little chewy and savoury, well seasoned with calamansi and chilli peppers. It was more like a snack to me and I thought a beer would go very well with this.

After calming our tummy with all these dishes, we opted for a leche plan.
Leche Plan RM 2.50
It was similar with creme caramel but with the texture creamier and denser. I prefer mine sweeter but this worked well for me after a full meal.

Their plain rice was RM1.50 each.

Walking out from the restaurant, you can see the KL tower! The sky was very clear on that day.

I would highly recommend for those that like Asian food as Laguna gives their dishes an extra twist and very much flavourful. I would suggest to commute by train unless you don't mind paying for car parking. 

If you are commuting by train, all you have to do is walk along Jalan Tun Perak ( passed by Burger King and Chatime) and turned left once you see Jalan Hang Lekiu. You should be able to spot Segi College and the Arena Star hotel on the way. You will have to walk all along the street to the end of Arena Star Hotel and Laguna will be on your left hand side. 

Do commute with a bunch of friends as Masjid Jamek can be a little dark at night!

I hope you guys like this post and comment below if you have any thing to ask.

MJ
xx


Photo credit: TripAdvisor

No 3, JLN Gereja,50100 Kuala Lumpur.
Contact number: 011-1910 1661




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CarmenYoungMakeup