Sushi Jiro // Mid Valley

10:46 AM

Sushi indulging is fun until it burns a hole in your wallet! But fear not as there are still places in Klang Valley area that offer sushi at an affordable price.

Sushi Jiro in Mid-Valley will get your craving fix with more than 80 selections at RM3.48 per plate and if you consume 5 plates and above, it will be at RM 2.99 per plate only! (this applies to all sushi selection on the menu).

After hearing out Sushi Jiro for quite some time, I finally paid a visit to the place and enjoyed my dining experience very much.

First up, I tried the salmon kimchi sushi straight from the conveyor belt as I can't wait to dig in.
Personally, I didn't like this combination as I failed to taste the kimchi taste that I was looking for. The salmon was a pretty good cut though.

Salmon Kimchi
However, Maguro + Avocado was good. Rich and creamy!

Tuna + Avocado
If you are looking for something warm, this is perfect for you.
The chawan mushi was silky smooth while the dashi flavour stood out. Not much on the toppings with just a little mushroom, naruto fishcake and a cube of chicken but I like this a lot. Then again, I'm a bias towards anything with egg.

Chawan Mushi
The sakura ebi looked interesting but taste wise, not really. Maybe I don't know how to appreciate the taste of sakura ebi but it was similar with the texture of a salted dried straw.

Sakura Ebi
Salmon mentai came with two pieces of sushi but I pop it in my mouth before remembering that I had to take a photo. The salmon cut was fresh and the torched mentai made it extra delicious. One of my favourite! ( Bias, again)

Salmon Mentai

Since Sushi Jiro served their sushi a little small as compare to others, I opted some salmon maki to fill myself up. It was good too as the they are not stingy on their ingredients. 


You can order anything you love that's off the belt. Their working crews were fast and attentive. 

I ordered my favourite which was the IKURA!!!

The fish roe was savoury and it popped as soon as you bite into it. It was magical to know that such thing existed in this world.

I really like how their ikura was, filled with umami and was very fresh judging on the price we paid. However, Ikura only served in one piece instead of two.

Ikura
I also ordered a unagi sushi. It was alright, average standard on texture and taste.

Unagi
The maguro was fresh but lean.  It was just nice.
Maguro
If you haven't notice, I love raw fish and of course, fresh cut sliced of sashimi. 

In Sushi Jiro, you can get it at RM3 per serving too! ( if you consumed 5 plates and above)
All the cuts were fresh with a good texture and it melted in your mouth. 
Highly recommend the salmon belly if you like your sashimi a little fatty.

Salmon Sashimi


Salmon Belly
 I ended my meal with a green tea pudding. It was milky and sweet but not worth the money. I would prefer to spend my money on sashimi or sushi. ( the kiasu cina-ness in me)



Overall, I enjoyed my time in Sushi Jiro and I can see why it is so popular. Judging from the price, the ingredients were fresh and the services were fast. A wide choice of variety will make me come back for more!

Our total bill ended up with RM50, satisfied two hungry souls.


Sushi Jiro
SK-16, Second Floor, South Court, Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CarmenYoungMakeup