Egg + Luncheon Meat Sandwich // Rice Cooker Meal

3:52 AM

Sometimes, having nasi campur throughout the week can be very boring. (At least it is for me)

In this post,I'll be sharing this hearty sandwich that's familiar to everyone and maybe share a little on how I make it in a rice cooker!


Preparation time: 8 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes

Ingredients (makes 3 sandwiches):



1/2 can or 3 slices of luncheon meat
6 slices wholemeal bread
3 eggs
2 tomatoes
Oil/ Margarine

Steps: 
1. Press the cooking button for the rice cooker to heat it up.
2. Rinse the tomatoes and eggs.
3. Cut the luncheon meat horizontally into a round shape.


4. When the rice cooker is hot enough, put in the luncheon meat and cooked both side until brown.
5. While waiting for the luncheon meat to cook, slice the tomatoes and removed the seeds.


6. If you prefer the luncheon meat on the moist side, sprinkle some water once the meat slices are browned, cover the lid for 1 minute and set aside.
7. After that, crack the eggs and beat them well.
8.  Make sure the rice cooker is heated up 2 minutes before  putting some oil and pouring in the egg mixture.
9. Start stirring the egg with quick hands once the egg sets. Turn off the rice cooker once the egg is at this stage. The remaining heat will cook up the eggs. 


10. Assemble your sandwich and now you are done!



Total cost - RM 9.90
1/2 can Luncheon meat     RM 5.50
6 slices wholemeal bread   RM1.50
3 eggs        (RM 0.3x 3)     RM 0.90
2 tomatoes (RM1 x 2)        RM 2.00



Side note:
1.I didn't grease the rice cooker when I'm cooking the luncheon meat as the meat has its own natural oil.
2. I like to remove the seeds of the tomatoes to avoid my bread from getting soggy.
3. You can turn of your heat even earlier when you are cooking the eggs if you prefer your scramble eggs wet.
4. I like my luncheon meat round shape as it is easier for handling and assembling.
5. I'm using a basic rice cooker with  a none stick inner.
6. I'm pretty sure you can get the ingredients a lot cheaper as i went to a ATAS supermarket to get my stuff. Bad choice.


I hope this helps a little on making your mind for your next lunch. Will show you guys how I deal with the remaining 1/2 can of the luncheon meat for dinner so stay tuned!

Do comment below if you have any ideas for rice cooker meals :)

MJ
xx



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CarmenYoungMakeup