Ruay Street // SS2

6:08 AM

If you are a fan of Thai street food, hop over to Ruay Street and have a try on their dishes.

Located just next to Maybank, Ruay Street caters only a handful but sufficient choices to curb one's thai food cravings.

Pork leg rice is a must try here but you might need some luck as they run out pretty fast.
I only get to try this at my third visit and I can see why it is so popular.

Pork Leg Rice RM 10
The pork was tender and moist, with the perfect balance between the fats and the meat, it easily melts in your mouth. The portion was satisfactory with the pork leg, half an egg, braised mushroom and pickle vegetable. I like the fact that they served up extra gravy as I like my rice soaked in all those yummy goodness.
Close Up 
If you are not looking for something porky, try out their seafood tom yum fried rice. It might sound like a boring choice, but trust me on this!
Seafood Tom Yum Fried Rice RM10
I'm usually not a fan of fried rice but this definitely blow me away.The tom yum fried rice was slightly moist but filled with "wok hei", it was more like a tom yum risotto than fried rice to me as the rice was soaked with flavours instead of just flavoured powder coating the surface of the rice.
No need to hunt for the seafood.
It was topped with generous amount of seafood which includes huge cut of shrimps and squid.

Totally worth the price!
Pad Thai RM 8
Their pad thai was crunchy and refreshing, but a little tangy for my liking.
The noodles tasted similar to chinese longevity noodles and the texture was a little gooey. Not something that I expected but it was worth a try.


Pork and Chicken Skewer  RM 3 per stick
Ruay Street served their skewers and barbecues a tad too charred, but nonetheless, they done well with their marinate as it was packed with flavors and served well with the condiments.
Pork Neck RM 8
Their pork neck was even better as it was juicy and sweet. An excellence combination-Thai style char siew.


Pork spring rolls RM6
The spring rolls was crispy and stuffed with shredded veggies and pork, you will never stop at one bite.

Tako RM 5 / Thai Iced Coffee RM5
If you wants some sweet treat after the meal, you can try out their tako. It was identical with kuih pelita but better.The cooling coconut and jelly will soothe the heaty, spicy food you took.

They no longer served Red Ruby which happened to be my favourite.


Thai Iced Tea RM 5
 Both of the beverages were sweet and milky.I personally preferred their iced coffee over iced tea as it served with more aroma and fragrant.

All in all, Ruay Street served very decent Thai street food at an affordable price. They even served mookata too!

Will update more on it after I tried it out so stay tuned!




Ruay Street, 
Jalan SS2/63
47300 Petaling Jaya








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CarmenYoungMakeup